This time I'll admit I cheated a bit and used the GW craters from the Battle for Macragge set instead of making my own, but I was short on time so I rolled with what I had handy.
I started off by gluing down the craters and priming the board black. I used Glidden Interior Latex Flat Spiced Gingerbread as the base coat. (its what the club had lying around) but that was too orange in color for me. So I gave it a coat of the old GW ink - Flesh Wash.
This gave it a nice brown look but I wanted to get it a bit darker in the crevices so I went over it again with GW wash - Devlan Mud.
I then did a dry brush of Valspar Satin Tawney (left over from when we painted my daughter's room) on the craters.
I used 4 mediums for the terrain effects. GW Sand(coarse), GW Sand(fine) [not sure if they actually advertise as such but I had two tubs of the stuff and they were vastly different in consistency], GW Modeling Flock (this may be an OOP item) and GW Static Grass.
Then with a little help from the wife I signed the board (her hand writing is better than mine and I didnt want it to look like crap)
Once I figure out my final lists (oh god they are due Wednesday!!!!) I'll post up some pics of the army on the display boards.
Look for my completed old looking Talos using the new range in the coming weeks. As well as batreps and army pics from the BFS GT.
Oh an you may have noticed I changed up the layout a bit. Hit me up with some feed back on what you like and what you dont about it.
for all your Dark Eldar needs